Wow! What a day! Today I met my preppys (Aka: Kindergartners). I also got to tour the school and learn about their day. We have 28 students in the classroom and one teachers aid. This makes for a very busy day! The students first have P & P which is like a morning gym class. They then do reading groups and then math. Everything is very hands on! We also have two snacks before lunch. The students eat lunch in their classroom. Another shocking fact about their school day is that they have two recesses before lunch. Their school day also doesn't start until 9:00 am. Hopefully I will find my camera to take pictures tomorrow! My second grade students might be surprised to know that the class also has a pet. However they have three pet lizards! I(I hope Paco is doing well!)
The town that I am living in is called Crib Point. It is a relatively small town, but it's very close to the beach! When I arrived safely to Melbourne we went to the beach for a nice walk. The weather over here is very warm! I also received some Australian money, which I was very surprised to find out was plastic! I will update more when I can! Thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment